CSBA is delighted to offer the Golden Quill Awards to highlight the essential role that journalists play in increasing understanding of the objectives, operations, accomplishments, challenges and opportunities related to public schools. The Golden Quill Awards are given in recognition of fair, insightful and accurate reporting on public school news by individual print, broadcast and online news media representatives.
The deadline to submit Golden Quill applications was Friday, June 26, 2020. Submissions for nominations are no longer being accepted for this award.
- Nominee reported news in a fair, insightful and accurate manner
- Nominee worked to develop a holistic understanding of the school district or county office of education and its stakeholders
- Nominee worked to get to know the school, district or county office of education’s mission, goals and/or strategic vision
- Nominee worked to develop relationships with the school board and relevant district and site-level staff
- Nominee maintained a policy of transparency by providing school/district/county office of education representatives the opportunity to comment on or respond to information being aired or published
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit the online nomination form by the submission deadline
- Nomination forms will only be accepted from CSBA member districts and county offices of education
- ALL fields of the nomination form must be completed or your application will be disqualified
- Each member district or county office of education may only submit one nomination per award cycle
- Certificate of Excellence in Journalism will be presented to awardees by local boards
- Published announcement in the winter edition of the California Schools magazine
- Announcement on the CSBA website
- CSBA will provide a sample press release to the nominating school district for distribution to local press